This topic will cover several current topics encompassing 3D/hyper-realistic displays, systems and other related technologies.
1) Stereoscopic, autostereoscopic, holographic, volumetric, head-mounted and other 3D/hyper-realistic display technologies and systems
2) Immersive, interactive and VR display technologies and systems
3) 3D/hyper-realistic image interaction technologies and systems for Augmented Reality (AR)
4) Multiple cameras, light-field camera, depth camera, 3D scanner, and other detection systems for 3D, hyper reality and interaction
5) New output devices or systems for 3D, hyper reality and interaction
6) Digital archive systems for 3D or hyper reality
7) 3D/hyper-realistic image coding, 2D to 3D conversion, multi- viewpoint representation and other 3D/hyper-realistic image processing
8) Human factor and evaluation of 3D/hyper-realistic display techniques and systems
This topic will cover all aspects of active matrix displays.
1) Active-matrix displays based on liquid crystals, organic/inorganic light-emitting diodes, electrophoresis, electrochromism, field emission, micro-electro mechanical systems
2) Active devices including oxide TFTs, organic TFTs, silicon-based TFTs, CNT-FETs, Dirac-cone based devices (graphene, silicene, BN, MoS2, etc.) and solution-processed devices
3) Issues in high-resolution/large-area active matrix display and devices including array and circuit design technologies, addressing schemes, systems, fundamentals, device physics, structures, processes, new materials, evaluation methods, reliability and mechanical testing
4) Novel emerging active-matrix displays and devices
5) Novel applications of active-matrix devices including touch, imaging, and any other sensors, flexible displays, curved/bendable displays, micro displays, wearable displays and digital signage
Display Electronic Systems
This topic will cover all aspects of electronic systems including hardware as well as software on all kinds of displays.
1) Driving methods, circuits and systems for AMOLEDs and LCDs
2) Video processing including deinterlace, scaling and elimination of artifacts and blur
3) High quality color reproduction systems including high dynamic range and wide color gamut systems
4) High-fidelity systems such as professional use and master monitors
5) Exploration of future standards such as post-HDTV
6) Video interface technologies including data transmission and storage
7) Novel display systems including mobile/auto applications
8) Cooperative operations of functional components
9) Circuit technologies including high speed and low power driving
10) High image quality display systems
This topic will cover all aspects of science, technologies, and applications of phosphor, such as phosphor screens for electronic displays, lighting source, and other emissive devices, and will also deal with those for FEDs, CRT, ELDs including micro-LED displays, and PDPs.
1) Fundamental mechanisms and configurations
2) Modeling and simulation
3) Materials, components and fabrication processes
4) Field emission physics and characteristics
5) Inorganic ELDs including micro-LED displays (materials, process, devices, drive circuits, etc.)
6) LEDs including micro-LEDs (materials, devices, panels, lighting, etc.)
7) Quantum dots and other quantum-structured devices
8) Phosphors for CRTs, PDPs, FEDs, VFDs, LEDs
9) Driving technologies and signal processing
10) Picture quality, reliability and lifetime
11) Applications of CRTs, PDPs, FEDs and ELDs
This topic will cover all aspects of electronic paper ranging from materials science and devices to human factors and various applications for the future.
1) Advancement of various display technologies for e-Paper to enhance colors, brightness and contrast ratio
2) Novel functional materials and components
3) Driving method
4) Human interfaces suitable for e-Paper from paper-like displays to tablet PCs
5) Various applications of e-Paper such as e-Books and e-Document, and IoT
6) Discussion of the social impact of e-Paper
7) Evaluation method taking account of human factors
This topic will cover all aspects of flexible electronics, including material science, device physics, fabrication processes, and application systems for next-generation technology.
1) Novel flexible devices in display and non-display fields
2) Flexible/stretchable mechanism and strategy
3) Flexible substrate innovation (plastic film, metal foil, ultra-thin glass sheet, textile, paper, etc.) and encapsulation
4) Excellent transistors in flexible organic/inorganic electronics
5) High-performance display principles (OLED, LCD, electronic paper, etc.)
6) Fabrication methods especially for flexible devices (printing techniques, roll-to-roll process, transfer techniques, etc.)
7) Tolerance evaluation for bending and stretching deformation
8) Revolutionary device applications (bendable, foldable, roll-up screen, hanging, wearable, wrapping usages, etc.)
Touch panel technology continues to evolve. Camera systems are often employed in auto-stereoscopic displays. Sensing and displaying 3D positions in space literally open a new dimension for a truly intuitive human interface. This topic covers all aspects of input technologies related to displays, ranging from materials, devices, application systems to discussions on how we interact with various systems.
1) Out-cell, On-cell and In-cell touch panels
2) Touch panel materials, devices, production processes and systems
3) Image sensors
4) 2D, 3D imaging devices and systems
5) Adaptive and personalized interfaces
6) Input systems for augmented reality
7) Human-computer interaction and other emerging interactive technologies
This topic will cover all aspects of vision and human factors related to information displays, such as visual ergonomics and requirements, image quality, display measurements, as well as new display applications and ergonomics.
1) Visual requirements for display performance: luminance, contrast, grayscale, color, resolution, frame rate, viewing angle, etc.
2) Display image format for better visual experience, such as UHD TV
3) Analysis and improvement of image quality on displays, such as HDR, high-quality color reproduction, wide gamut, or moving image artifacts
4) Evaluation of image quality, such as subjective evaluation of new displays, or quality-improvement methods
5) Display measurement methods relevant to human factors
6) Ergonomics of new display applications, such as AR/VR systems, automotive visual systems, 3D displays, LED backlights, etc.
7) Visual ergonomics, such as visual fatigue, eye strain, legibility/usability, or actions/behaviors related to visually displayed information
Liquid Crystal Science and Technologies
This topic will cover all aspects of liquid crystal (LC) science and technologies, including LC material science, device technology, fabrication processes, evaluation method, and new technologies for display, photonics, and sensing applications.
1) Physicochemical studies of LC materials
2) Nano-structural LC alignment and devices including blue phase
3) Surface alignment processes and characterization techniques
4) Electro-optic effects, display modes, optical design and simulations including 3D technologies
5) Fabricating, manufacturing, measuring and evaluation techniques
6) High performance displays featuring excellent image quality
7) Color filter and rendering technologies
8) LC technologies for flexible displays and electronic papers
9) Optical functional devices for non-display applications including LC lens and sensor
10) LC semiconductors and organic electronics
11) LC photonic crystals and lasers
12) LC technologies for 3D / holographic display
Manufacturing, Process and Equipment
This topic will cover technology trends and aspects of flexible electronic displays from the perspective of manufacturing and printing fabrication processes.
1) Fabrication methods of flexible displays
2) Manufacturing process; photolithography, coating and printing technologies, soft lithography, roll-to-roll process and transfer techniques for high precision, and large area
3) Measurement and evaluation equipment
Materials and Components
Displays are sustained by a wide spectrum of advanced materials and components. In this topic, new materials and components for display systems, modifications and improvements of the existing systems are treated.
1) Novel materials and components for display systems
2) Technology trends in panel structure and display systems
3) Manufacturing of optical components, devices or systems, and color filter technologies
4) Novel material and component technologies in automotive, avionics, shipboard, transparent, signage and simulator displays
5) LED/micro-LED/OLED/emissive source materials; quantum-dot/phosphor, lighting fixtures components, electro-optic devices and materials
6) Display lighting materials/components and fabrications, including light directing films
7) New developments in backlight unit (BLU) and frontlight unit (FLU) for transmissive, reflective, and transflective displays
8) Innovative technologies on material and component for 3D (stereoscopic, volumetric, holographic, light field) displays, AR/VR, flexible electronics, ultra-high resolution, EPD and MEMS/MEOMS
This topic will cover all aspects of science and technologies of MEMS for future displays, imaging devices, and related electron devices, ranging from materials research and basic device physics to display and other applications.
1) Displays, imaging devices and other optical and electron devices using MEMS
2) Optical MEMS such as optical scanners, optical switches, optical mirrors, optical space modulators, optical filters, etc.
3) Sensors and actuators
4) Materials, components and fabrication processes
5) Fundamental mechanisms and configurations
OLED Displays and Organic Devices
This topic will cover all aspects of science and technologies of OLED, ranging from materials research and basic device physics to display including backplane technologies and other applications.
1) Materials for organic devices (OLED, OTFT, OLET, QLED)
2) Device physics and related phenomena of organic devices
3) Backplane technologies for OLED applications
4) Fabrication processes for organic devices
5) Miscellaneous topics related with organic devices
6) Fundamental mechanisms and configurations of organic devices
7) OTFT for OLED displays
8) Organic light-emitting transistors (OLET)
9) Quantum-dot light-emitting devices (QLED)
10) OLED for lightings
11) Flexible organic materials and devices for OLED
Projection and Large Area Displays
This topics will cover all aspects of science, technologies and applications of projection, large area displays and the components.
1) Projectors (conventional, pico, embedded, laser scanning, projection TV)
2) Intelligent display (wearable, near-eye, AR&VR, applications)
3) Microdisplay (LCOS, MEMS, HTPS) technologies for projection
4) Optics and optical components (light sources, screens, lenses, mirrors, films, etc.) for projection
5) Algorithms for image processing and artifact mitigation for projection and large area displays
6) Applications such as digital cinema, 3-D projection, 3-D measurement, signage, interior illumination, medical health care, and vehicle display systems including head up display, intelligent cockpit, and adaptive headlight
7) Large-area displays, tiled-displays, and projection mapping systems
8) Sensing applications (ToF, LIDAR, Machine Vision, etc.) in projection technology